This website is my personal web-space in which to do a variety of things.
The blog available on the home page of this site is a place for me to talk about the things that matter to me, and to talk about what I’m currently doing.
I hope you enjoy what you find here, and feel free to contact me if you wish to do so.
* I had to remove these works because of some undergrads plagairising them, sorry but it seems you cannot have nice things on the Internet. 😦
A Note on Referencing
If you wish to use any of the posts on this blog for other NON-COMMERCIAL purposes, you are welcome to do so provided you attribute it or cite it correctly, for example if you were citing my post “Can we have a “Meta-Blog-Network” please?” then the preferred format would be to include the following in your bibliography/reference list.
BROOKS, B.D., 2010, Can we have a “Meta-Blog-Network” please? [Online], available: https://benjamindbrooks.wordpress.com/2010/08/16/can-we-have-a-meta-blog-network-please/ [accessed 12/09/2010]
Alternatively for bloggers and websites without a reference list a thankyou and a link would be equally suitable.
Obviously I am not one to stifle free speach, I never wish to become someone who does; but at the same time it is imperative upon me to lay down one or two house rules for Commenters on my posts to follow. I will be leaving it as a matter of your own personal integrity that you do follow them and I hope you will find them to be fair.
- First and most important, please try to keep ad-hominem attacks (attacking the person/poster rather than the argument) to a minimum – preferably don’t do it at all – and try to avoid swearing, as it adds little to your argument and some may judge you (rightly or wrongly) for it.
- ALL MODERATORS DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND NON-NEGOTIABLE.
- Don’t Troll or Spam, it’s unnecessary and as of the date these house rules are published I will not allow any Troll posts through.
- If I (the moderator) suspect you of spamming but saying something useful (i.e.: adding to the debate but including a URL for a commercial site) the most likely response will be the removal of the URL and a note attached to your post as a warning. This will be at my discretion.
- If this blog ever becomes popular (certain not to happen but heigh ho) I will instigate a no-tolerance policy on post moderations, sorry but I do have my own committments outside of blogging.
- If you’re going to post links, make them relevant and explain why in your comment.
- Try to have fun and don’t get too het-up over what I say (I’m not that important!!!)
Thanks to all commenters who will read this, especially those who stick to the House Rules!
Addendum: Advertising of any kind WILL be taken to be spam, and WILL be deleted.